Tips for Staging Probate Property
Posted by Techyscouts | Posted on 08/23/2017
As experts in the purchase and sale of investment property and probate real estate in the Greater Los Angeles area, Mike Millea and his team understand successful real estate practices. If you’re left with the task of selling probate real estate, you may benefit from “staging” the property for potential purchasers. If you’re not familiar with the term, “staging” means to prepare a private residence and get it ready for the marketplace by making it as appealing as possible. We’d like to share with you some tips on how to gain a competitive advantage, by staging your probate property before putting it on the market.
Our Staging Probate Real Estate Tips
Before you get started yourself, it’s important to note that there are professionals who can take care of staging your property for you. They have appealing furniture, as well as an eye for design, that can help save you time and money while you deal with other affairs. Hiring an expert may help you sell the property more quickly, and for a higher value.
If your probate property has furniture, and you have the time to stage it yourself, below you’ll find a list of things to keep in mind.
- Ensure the house is in the best possible condition before beginning the staging process. Touch up any peeling paintwork, have your tiles professionally painted, repair any damaged floorboards, and so on. This may require the work of multiple professionals, so keep this in mind while budging.
- Make sure that you have the proper lighting in your house. The better your lighting, the more potential and appeal your home has. Natural
- Get rid of any unnecessary belongings, and use furniture wisely. Too much furniture can make the home appear much smaller than it actually is, and can create crowding. Use your space, and keep the home appearing as open as possible.
- If you need to replace a cabinet (or any similar item) and you can’t afford it, simply replace the doors and drawer fronts instead. It’ll save money and give it a brand-new look.
- Finally, we recommend cutting the grass regularly and maintaining the area around the house just as much as you would the inside. The outside is the first thing that someone will see so you’ll want to make a good first impression.
Contact Your Probate Real Estate Expert Today!
We hope our list of recommendations help you with staging your probate real estate. If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call at (310) 939-9356 or contact us through our website. Mike Millea Probate Real Estate serves clients in and around El Segundo, Torrance, the South Bay and the Greater Los Angeles area. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!